Thursday, March 5, 2009

Well, we are finally joining the ranks of everyone else in this high tech era! We officially have a blog for our friends & family.....thanks to my very intelligent husband. There is no way I would have ever figured out how to do this, even with written directions and blog templates to choose from!

Josh kindly said I could be the first the enter a post. He is so sweet! After reading other peoples posts I realize how nerve racking it is to actually create my own. I feel like I am suppose think of more creative stuff than y'all! News Flash!!!~!! I am not that creative.

Quick Family Update:

In February Josh went on a short mission trip to Peru with our Pastor and his wife as well as three other couples from our church. Josh was the only one without his spouse. (Some people have to stay home and work and take care of the kids....I am sure they are not bitter.) He had a fabulous time tormenting everyone else on the trip.

The group was able to attend many church services in Lima, Iquitos, and village churches in the Amazon. People received the Holy Ghost and our group was very blessed and forever changed by the experience. Josh can't wait until he gets to return! (Hopefully I can go then.....like I said I am not bitter.)

I realize how awesome the trip must have been with people receiving the Holy Ghost and repenting and all, but I think I am mostly upset that I didn't get to play with the monkeys in the Amazon and see the big pink fresh water dolphins! Hmmmmm....maybe my priorities are not straight? I should pray about this.

I missed Josh tremendously while he was gone. It was really weird being alone all the time. I was not a happy camper those two weeks. However, I really pushed him to go because I know these opportunities don't come up as often as we wish. I am glad he went and even happier he is home!

Josh will go into more detail about his trip later and post pictures as well.

Demi Scott: Baby Girl

Demi is my big first grader now. I can't believe she is so big and beautiful! She is in love with her daddy. I like to compare their relationship to an intense teenage love affair! I mean she is really in love with her daddy!!!!! She cried almost every night while he was in Peru! It was so horrible. She is the epitome of a daddy's girl.

Demi lost three teeth this last week, two on the same day! That makes a total of....I think six lost teeth. I believe she has the highest lost tooth count in her class! Talk about a high achiever! That's my girl. She also is excelling in her hand writing. She writes absolutely beautiful cursive writing.....her Hebrew is coming along as well. LOL.

Demi is becoming more and more hilarious as she gets older. She is really fun! It is really crazy when you realize as a parent that your child is actually creating jokes of their own and understanding humor more and more.

Grant: The Tiny Tyrant

Grant is now fifteen months old and has slept all night for the past five nights. Usually he wakes up any where between 3 and 42 times a night. Not sure why, but I would really like to know so I can make it stop!!!! Working and having an infant all at the same time is entirely over rated!!!! However, I am keeping my fingers, toes, arms, legs, and eyes crossed that he is finally out of that horrible stage!!!

Grant has been walking for the past few months and is now working on his run! Watch out! This kid is a maniac.....hmmmm.......I wonder where he gets it? (Josh) He is so fun! He and Demi have formed a special bond as playmates. Plus Demi finally has someone to boss around and he is too small to realize he is getting bossed around so they are perfect for each other right now. He thinks they are just playing all the time.

He also is a high achiever in the teeth department. He has pretty had a mouth full of them from birth.....and he knows how to use them. OUCH!

Who knew having kids would be so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just to bad that everyone else has to settle with their own and can't have special ones like mine!

Me~Brandy :

I am working on my Master's degree and Credential in Special Education. I work and take care of my family as well. I don't know what I was thinking!!!! Everyday I tell myself that I am doing this so I can have summers off with my kids and get off earlier in the day and have all the vacation days my kids will have off of school.....these thoughts keep me motivated. These are the only things that keep me motivated.....because this is a lot of stress, work, and MONEY!!!

Well this is the year I will be 30!!!! I remember always hearing people be depressed over turning 30 and I have to say I don't understand this! I am looking forward to be 30!!!! Does this make me weird? I believe it is because we (Josh and I) have worked really hard these last 8 years and I am hoping that my 30's will not require so much work! Something to look forward to I guess, or at least hope for! All I know is that life, marriage, kids etc. just get better and better if you work at it and let God in!

So on the point of being 30 this year.....I started lifting weights at home. I used to run and lift weights and do all kinds of sports and physical activities.....now I sit all day at a desk and barely have time at home for anything but kids and husband. So I created my own 30 minutes work out session that I do in four blocks and in between when I am resting I do homework!! Multi-tasking!!! Sorry Bro. and Sis. Bradford I can't compete with y'all and your P90X bods!!!!

My husband is making fun of me for my very long blog and says if people read this whole thing it is only because we are related!

The good thing about being married to Josh is that I have a perfect case study for my Special Education classes. (He said so himself!)


5 comments:

  1. Hi All! This is the greatest thing I have seen in a long time. And of course I did read the whole thing. They call me MOM! I just wanted to put a little extra comment in, "Joshua, I am so glad that you are home. Even though they thought they could hide it, your family was miserable while you were gone. It is hard on us parents to watch this and not be able to fix. So I am sooo happy that you got to go and experience everything, but am glad you are hme so I can see the smiling faces of Brandy and the kids once again.

    Ok now my thoughts on this family. I am very proud of what God has done here. He has taken two broken kids and shown them how to make it work. There is nothing He can't do if one lets Him in as Brandy has said. It is wonderful as a mother to be able to watch what God has done and will do. He has given me peace as I have watched them in their struggles to get where they are. I saw God work when Josh's mother died suddenly and the heartache and grief surrounded us all. It is a great day when one can watch their children make a mistake, and work through it together to get it fixed. I am very thankful that the stability inthis family is something I don't ever have to be concerned with because God is in it. Thank you both for serving Jesus and teaching Him to my grandchildren. I love you all very, very much.

    Mom (Sissie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes! Quite the first entry. Well now we are even more caught up on your life.
    turning thirty was no big deal. turning 40 is no big deal. I'll get back to you on 50 when the time comes...
    Oh, and Josh, I reeeaally hope you weren't hacking on the bagpipes. If so, I am VERY good at teaching little kids some horrible habits. Grant you and me will talk later. Heh, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo, this is great! Josh, I can't wait to see your pix from Peru, especially of you hopefully playing with the monkeys.

    Brandy, I read the whole thing too, obvious I'm your favorite aunt, even before I read the WHOLE thing.

    I love your family blog and I look forward to new entries. I love you all and are very proud of you too!

    Auntie Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is tooooo cool! I did get to the end....wow who knew! Great writing Brandy! Love you guys & hey bring the kiddo's over! LOL When it stops raining around here we will have to do another bike day! MG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh, LuLu, Bow-Bow and Gundu: Lovin' the fam blog! Josh: I am so glad that you got to experience Peru, looking forward to the update, but where is a pic of the infamous hairdo, I mean hair don't?! Lu: Can't believe that you are going to be thirty this year! Are we getting old? This blog thing is really cool. Maybe, yours will inspire me to finish mine.. Coming Soon... "Keeping Up With The Combs-Ashjian's"! Bow-Bow: You are so beautiful, sure do miss you and Jr.Jr. very much, I picture your smiles daily. By the way Lu, lovin the ottoman's, might I ask where you found them? Gundu: You lil' rascal, you sure are cute! I miss ya'll very much. I hope to see you soon! Love, Sessa

    ReplyDelete