Monday, March 30, 2009

Poo Poo Surprise!


Well my husband does not necessarily agree with me "blogging" this story. But it's my turn to "blog" and I can "blog" it if I want to.

I love my kids so much. I realize a tremendous difference between the female type and the male type of children. My son does things my daughter never did....hit me, slap me, scream and bite me, and then give me a kiss like it's all okay. When an elder in the church warns my husband that he is going to need handcuffs and shackels to contain my 16 month old son in church, there might be a problem.

Sunday morning we all sleep in a little late. It was about 7:45am and Josh and I hear Grant yelling from his crib, "Ma!" He repeats this over and over while shaking his crib continuously. He only does this when he has pooped in his diaper and wants to be cleaned right away. Knowing the certain yell of the poo poo call I tiredly asked Josh to go get Grant. He also knowing the poo poo call said, "no, he pooped," and then closed his eyes and pretended to sleep, with a smirk. So I being the good parent got up and went to get the baby.

Upon entering his bedroom the smelly evidence of what he had done hit me hard. I approached his bed and he very quickly stood up and held his right hand out to me and said, "Ma!" I looked at his hand and quickly realized what I saw. His hand was covered in you know what. I quickly surveyed the bed and the rest of the baby. Yes folks, it was every where!! It was on the sheets, blankets, crib bars, and the baby!!!!

I opened the bedroom window, grabbed Grant and put him in the bathtub and scrubbed him with bleach. (Not really, just baby soap.) I removed all the bedding and washed it immediately and then disinfected the crib.

This whole playing in his poop seems to be a problem. I am not sure if he is trying to take the diaper off or just investigate what is in it, but he keeps sticking his hands in there. How does a parent stop this from happening?

I know.....I'll duck tape his diaper to him so he can't possibly reach the stinky poo.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! So not cool! You may need to talk to Amy about this one! I am sure you know that Camdon did this very thing at camp! ( in her parents motorhome.) LOL I bet you were ready to "kill" Josh when it was all over. HAHAHA! The joys of being a parent. Kelsey thought this was so funny! She checks your blog daily for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. Thank the Good Lord we never had that happen. I bet it's hereditary... and I don't mean your part of the family tree either. heh, heh. (Love ya, Josh!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the duck tape is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since duct tape is a "man toy" there will be no winning this win, Grant will break through if he has a need to get at his poo!

    ReplyDelete