Sunday, August 23, 2009

Return from Sabbatical

I know it's been a really long time since our last post, but there is good reason for that. We just returned from our African Safari and unfortunately we did not have access to a computer while we were there. Man, did we have a great time!!!!

Well, I better come clean before I am found out. We didn't actually go on Safari. I know you are all sooooo surprised!!! We have just had some really crazy busy months. We are so glad to be back on the blog scene!!! We have missed you all!!!!

Quick updates:

Josh is still owning and working his own business. It is doing great! We are so rich (in my dreams.) Josh is teaching our churches disciple class every sunday morning and it is really flourishing with new converts. The converts are being baptized in Jesus name, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and assimilating well into the church. Josh is also on a new venture to be bring his pre-marital body back. It has been a long journey. He injured his shoulder and had to stop working out, but now it is feeling well enough to do certain excercises. No heavy weight training though. He has been working out with brother CJ Casey and doing quite well. He has lost 25 lbs and only has 322,000 lbs to go! Well not that much really. More like 25. He is doing great and even gaining belt loops back!!!!! Congratulations Babe....Keep up the good work!!!

Brandy is doing the same old stuff. Working, going to school (Master's degree & teaching credential), taking care of the home (with Josh's help!!!), and taking care of the kids (with Josh's help!!) Not much excitement here folks!!!! Sorry. However, in one year when I am done with school and all it's madness.....I will be a much more exciting person!!!!



Demi is growing up too fast and is so beautiful. She just started 2nd grade last week at Bethel Apsotolic Academy. She loves her teacher Sis. Casey and all her friends. Pastor Frost let me know that everyday Demi sees him at school she runs to him for a big hug. She really loves her Pastor. Pastor Frost tells her, "I just can't wait until tomorrow, because you get prettier every day!" He is a great Pastor!!!! Demi is so excited that she has a kitten now named, "Snickers". Quite frankly, I think it's possibly the ugliest cat on Earth, but Demi disagrees. They cuddle and sleep together all night in Demi's bed. Which I just think is totally disgusting. There is no telling what critters that cat is hiding in its fur.



Grant is almost 21 months. He is learning all sorts of new words. If only I spoke Telegu (the language his babysitter speaks to him) I could probably understand what he was saying. No really he is also saying English words. He says, caca (I don't think this is really English, but I know you all know what it means), mama, dada, ball, airplane(sort of), kitty(sort of), more(pronounced MO), Ama(mom in Telegu). The tiny tyrant is still ruling the house! He already beats Demi up with a wiffle ball bat and whatever else he can get in his hands. He is so smart too. The other day he got two spatulas and pushed a chair up to the stove so he could cook! Of course I stopped him. Hey this could work out in later years though!!!! I wonder if he would like to do laundry too?

2 comments:

  1. Finally! I thought you guys retired from the blog scene.
    Good job, bro, on the working out thing. I hwas going pretty steady up until the last three weeks due to getting ready for school (talk about a lot of work!) but I will be starting back up tomorrow (Monday.)
    Oh, and I have noticed the slow creep to sit closer to us in church. Guess I better start bring snacks for the little dude...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are back from your safari! And you made it out alive. LOL Welcome back! P.S. take it easy on poor Josh...you know you don't want to kill that male pride to much! Love the kid's pictures! So sweet...my kids would kill me if I put pictures of them napping at this age. :) I miss the little stage! (although I love the age my kids are now!!they can do laundry and cook! yippie) LOL

    ReplyDelete