Monday, October 26, 2009

PUMPKIN PATCH 2009
























































Anyone who lives in Bakersfield has to have heard of Murray Family Farm. We have been there a couple of times. However, this was the first year we went to the pumpkin patch (it's a patch......with pumpkins). Who would have thought one could make money on a patch of pumpkins. I hear it's pretty big money. Those pagans love their holiday traditions. In case you are wondering we are anti-pumpkin carving, and we do not place candles inside hollowed out pumpkins to represent the spirits inside. Whoa.....glad I got that off my chest. Boy do I feel better.

Anyway, we had a wonderful time on the tractor pulled hayride, the corn and potato sack mazes, the giant ant farm where people are the ants, and the pumpkin patch! It was Grants first time to the pumpkin patch. He didn't really get the concept though. He thought it was a pumpkin throwing contest and was striving for first place.






Family farms are close to my heart (Brandy is talking) because when I was a kid my grandma Dolly Barton......yes her real name is Dolly Barton......used to take all of us kids to Al Busells Ranch. I think that is how the name was spelled. It was basically the same concept as Murray Farms. We would go and pick strawberries, pumpkins, play on the hay bales and it was always a time to remember. I thought everyone went to Al Busells Ranch. I realize now that my grandma took us for the purpose of making childhood memories. Thanks Grandma Dolly! That is why I try to take my kids to Murray Farms.






My (Brandy's) mom went with us too. She is a faithful grandma to our kids. Not only does she enjoy spending time with our kids during special trips like this one, she and Demi have a Saturday night ritual where Demi spends the night at Grandmas house and all moms rules go out the window. Thanks for that one too mom. LOL. We love you.






See pictures randomly placed within the blog. I just can't figure this thing out.......curse this blogging program thingy.




















2 comments:

  1. HI kids, Thank you for the trip to Murphy's Farms. I had a great time with you all. I love to see Brandy and Josh interact with their kids, but more than that I love to interact with them. I get the benefits of not having to discipline them, or have a reason to get irritated at them. I love everything they do even the part where they get on their parents nerves. I got an e-mail from someone the other day that said, "Never ever, ever have children; only grandchildren!" I loved it. I see so much of me in my girls and I am sure that they will not agree to this, but it is the truth.

    I love Demi and my time together on Saturday nights, we don't do a lot just spend time together. We do have a couple of routine things that are a secret, but what kind of grandma would I be if I didn't throw all the rules of home out the window. I would be just another strict parent. kSorr! You'll see one day and know exactly what I'm talking about.

    WE always have a wonderful time whatever it is that we are doing or where ever we go. I can't wait untio Vanessa and Keller and the kids wither move here or we all move there. It will happen one way or the other. Thank You Jesus! I love you all.

    ReplyDelete